Wednesday, April 28, 2004

May Challenge!

Well, I set a goal for myself in April which I did not accomplish - to finally leave the 150s behind! Instead I focused on the triathlon and dealing with a stressful situation in my life.

Now that the stress situation is gone and the triathlon is behind me, I'm ready to really focus on my eating and commit to seeing the land of the 140s - a mysterious land I haven't visited for a few years now.

So, even though I don't normally commit to scale goals (I can't really control the scale, only behaviors that influence the scale), I am going to commit to this one.

That means I need to lose about 4 pounds during May - pretty reasonable I think, especially given my curent level of physical activity.

To accomplish my goal I plan to 1) PLAN! This is my big problem on the weekends. No set schedule or pre-planned meals usually means disaster on the healthy eating front. I plan to plan in May! 2) Journal. Dust off the old food diary. I won't obsessively count calories, but will do some spot checks (maybe every third day or so) to keep myself on track. 3) Beer. Hello?!?! One weekend night a week only!

My reward is that if I lose the weight and keep to my exercise plan, I will buy myself a new MP3 player at the end of the month! (it'll take me that long to pick one out & save up for it anyway! ha ha)

No comments: