Friday, April 01, 2005

Pleasant Surprise

The scale was kind – up 0.5 pounds. Maybe next week will be water retention week? I seriously contemplated not getting on the scale, but facing the music is easier, and now I’m glad I did. I feel excited about my food plan for the weekend – I feel like it will set me up for scale success next week. I haven’t seen the 140s in 4 years or more – I can feel them right around the corner!

I did run last night, but didn’t make the pool. Post healthy dinner, I took hubby to Prime Care, this time for a rash on his face. They were just closing, but I elicited a promise that he would go this morning. Poor man – he has had a very tough week. He deserves a weekend of D&D!

I made a really great breakfast that I loved! I took some oatmeal, a raw egg, a scoop of protein powder, and mixed. Then added a little instant pancake mix and enough water to make batter. Cooked up my pancakes, and served with frozen mixed berries (thawed), spray butter, and a little sugar free syrup. I feel like I had a decadent breakfast, but really it was pretty darn healthy! I think I’ll cook up a batch for next week. Excellent!

2 comments:

Jack said...

Wow your pancakes sound good, and lots of running fuel! I would like to try this, but have to figure out how to make pancakes from scratch (no pancake mixes in Germany). Got any recipes?

ncmunchkin said...

mmm...those pancakes sound really good.

I hope you get to the 140s soon. I wish I could see them as well. You're getting there and knowing the changes you are making, I'm sure that scale will cooperate soon enough. Keep up that good work.