Mrs. Crankypants is in the house!
People: this has been a weird week. Sunday was the thing with my son. Monday I was home sick with stomach “issues” (probably generated by the greasy take-out spaghetti that was my dinner Sunday). I never went to the gym Monday, needless to say.
Yesterday I was feeling better until I got in my car to go to the gym because the interior was roughly the surface temperature of the sun (Oh my god! Please back that super big gulp tanker truck of diet Pepsi over here it is SO hot, okay?). Instead of the gym I went to the car dealer.
When I got home I was not a happy camper. Hub was home late because he was at the Alltel store getting a new phone because his died. THEN I got to spend 2 hours online trying to the tickets to Ozzfest, only when I went to hit “confirm” for my tickets my internet crashed (it is still down). I checked my email this morning – no tickets.
Oh, and I called my gym last night to sign up for tonight’s spin class (you can only sign up 24 hours in advance). It was already full – I called at 6:25. Suck.
Hub went to the store and I caved and asked for a beer. What I discovered this morning was that he also brought me a giant ice cream sandwich because he “thought I might want one.” Now, I take responsibility for what I put in my pie hole, but this is 24 hours after the big tearful talk where I asked him to please be supportive in my efforts to lose weight. Way to be supportive. Gee, enable much?
Where does all this leave me? I haven’t been to the gym since Saturday, the thing with my son triggered a full blown binge, and the only way to describe how I am feeling about my efforts to make my lifestyle more healthy? Defeated. Maybe I should go to 6:30 yoga instead. Either that or go hit a tree with a stick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hang in there. You are doing so well--really. You inspire me to keep hanging on, even if it is only by a thread. Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor. And I think hitting a tree with a stick would be a great thing to do. Perfect. Burns calories too.
If you go hit the tree aggressively with a stick for an extended period of time, it would count as an upper body workout and if you do it fast enough aerobic too ;-) Chill out, take a step back then go forward again.
Hit a tree with a stick. That sounds like fun actually. Sorry you are having such a bad week.
Ozzfest! I wouldn't of thunk it. I hope you get your tickets. Sounds like a blast.
I heart ice cream sandwhiches.
Post a Comment