Friday, December 28, 2007

Sneaky, sneaky

So, after yesterday's exciting cliff hanger post, you may be wondering "How are you going to deal with this fear of failure?" (If anyone is reading this, that is.) I've tried facing these childhood issues in the past - which sounds like a good idea on the surface. The issue is, when something has been planted in your head since toddlerhood, it can be difficult to get it out. So while "face it head on" may sound like the noble and manly (pardon the phrase) thing to do, it hasn't been very effective.

So, I'm going the avoidance route. Don't set big goals. Ignore them. Set goals for today. Just today. Today I will eat healthy. Today I will go to the gym. Don't look beyond the end of my nose. I set plenty of big golas in 2007 and gained 21.5 pounds, so clearly that's not working for me.

btw, I gained 9.5 pounds in 2006. I thought it was such a bad year? Ha! I'd love to have only gained that this year. Oh well, water under the bridge.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: