Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday evening

Just checking in. I was down another pound and a half this week. This week has been tough. One of the things I've been trying is to cut out snacking. Research shows that folks who snack are more likely to be overweight. I believe that. I know for me, the day can become one feed then waiting for the next. Nothing huge since I pack my food, but still.

I took half a day off today. I'm going to Asheville tomorrow (for my final class) so I wanted to get my grocery shopping done, not to mention we sold our pontoon boat so we needed to meet the guy at the bank etc.

Shopping is done, then I went & swam some at the Y, then came home & had a good dinner. I am having a small snack this evening, but I carefully avoided buying any junky snacks ... or beer! Go me!

I did buy some vegan stuffed grape leaves to take for the car ride tomorrow. We eat nearly 2 hours later than I normally do (we eat lunch after class), so that snack will be very helpful.

We've been having some parenting conflict - boy getting home late, being disrespectful, grandma making excuses for him. I am very proud of myself for not caving in to emotional eating, even though I did visit some junk food in the grocery store. I stood firm, came home & had a green drink, & hit the gym!

I am enjoying the swimming, I just wish I could go for longer! I guess I'll get there.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: