Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The most wonderful time of the year

This is my favorite time of the year! I love it for loads of reasons:

The weather. I know, 100 degree heat & 100% humidity kinda sucks, but I love thunderstorms! And the mornings are fantastic for walking in the ‘hood.

The food. Here’s the thing: The boy is gone a lot this time of year. Not to be mean or anything, but it does simplify my life. I can cook a vegan dinner and no one freaks out, and a normal meal generates enough leftovers that I don’t have to cook every night. Since I plan, shop for, and cook dinner 6 or 7 nights a week all year long, a break is nice.

The Tour. Sure, I was watch other cycling events, but nothing comes close to the Tour de France. I discovered that Netflix has DVDs of the 1999-2005 tours. I’ve been getting those to whet my appetite until this year starts. The dvds are 4 hours per Tour. That’s not a lot when you consider that each stage gets 2-4 hours of coverage, depending on the length & type of stage. That’s every day for 3 weeks. That’s a lot of television! It takes planning to be able to watch that much television (it does for me at least). Luckily, I’m good at multi-tasking and I tivo them so I can at least skip the commercials.

Projects. This one works in conjunction with the Tour, which I watch while working on Pennsic projects. Always some garb, but there may be painting furniture, banners, day shade covers – all sorts of crafty stuff. This is the one time of year where working on fun projects is more important than keeping the house tidy (which is easier when you don’t have to cook every night!!!)

Pennsic. Need I say more? Our whole family looks forward to this vacation so much!

No comments: