Thursday, June 17, 2010

Quickly

I am the lowest weight in 3 months! :-)

I have read about 75% of "The End of Overeating" - I highly recommend you read it if you feel like you have issues controlling how much/what you eat. I believe knowledge is power and the more we understand how and why these mechanisms in our brain work, we can give up the guilt and focus on changing our behaviours. You are a bad or weak person if you can't stop eating cookies.

The boy is out of town until Sunday and then he'll be leaving Monday for a week in Florida. Cooking is much easier, but I do miss him.

I went to the pool last night. I got there early for our class, so I swam a few laps! Go me, rocking the pool! It was great!

I think I ate about 2/3 of a pound of oven roasted green beans with dinner last night. YUM! I put just a tad of sesmae oil on a cookie sheet, the rolled the green beans around in it (it was less than a tablespoon, and a fair bit stayed on the pan). Then I sprinkled them with powdered ginger and a tablespoon of sesame seeds. As rachel ray would say: "Yumo-o!"

I made a really excellent dinner the night before (I had the leftovers for dinner last night). I took a recipe we all enjoy for an asian-flavored noodle side dish and left out of oil, decreased the noodles, added a butt-load of veggies and a package of tofu (which I cubed and baked in the oven). I needed to increase the amount of sauce, but it was really good, and you could eat a large portion thanks to all the veggies.

I read a quite on a blog the other day that cracked me up: "Broccoli is a fat guy's best friend." I do believe vegetables ARE our best friend, overweight or not.

I've been making a conscious effort to have a green drink every morning and I do think that after 2 weeks, it's helping. My cravings do seem to be going away a bit. I think shoveling my body chock full of high nutrient veggies is finally paying back my micronutrient deficit, which I surely have (most of us do).

Anyway, S.H.I.T. (so happy it's Thursday!)

Got my grandmother moved and my mom is very happy with the new place. We are selling our pontoon boat tomorrow - we always use the ski boat, so it had become a hassle. Glad that will be finished - that's been a bit of a pain.

Anyway, life is good!

No comments: