Ugh.
Work has been crazy busy and stressful. I have missed every one of my fitness classes this week!!!
All in all, glad to put this one behind me!
Meals are planned for next week. I am having baked beans for breakfast. I know, crazy right? But beans for breakfast hold me over even better than oatmeal. Last time I did mexican style pinto beans with quinoa. But really, beans have enough carb that I don't think a grain is necessary. And I didn't want mexican again! Baked beans sounded good - a nice mix of spicy with a bit of sweet. Yum.
Lunch is "faux pho" (HA!) - a vegan knock-off of that yummy Vietnamese soup we all love. I am doing a raw cauliflower marinated "salad" to go alongside. I've been slack about getting raw foods in, I guess because it's cold! I am also going to make dehydrated kale "chips" this weekend. They are so good! And kale is really a wonder vegetable. I thought about putting it in the pho, but decided bok choy would go better.
Anyway, hope you have a great weekend. I have let tons of things slide this week - my house is a disaster. I called the 911-grandma hotline and my mom is coming over tomorrow to lend a hand. Have I mentioned she's the best?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Neca,
Sorry to hear about your stressful week. I have had the same week here so I understand. Thankfully it is the weekend. Time to relax and regenerate.
I love beans for breakfast. My Egyptian friend taught me how to make a traditional breakfast with dried favas. Now that you have reminded me I may have to make some this weekend.
Faux Pho, LOL that was good. ;-)
I have trouble eating cold food when it is cold outside too. Maybe it is time to crank up the dehdrator to make "warm" food.
hope you have a good weekend,
Ali
Post a Comment