A convergence of events
As I've mentioned, we have a "maintain don't gain" challenge type thing going on at work. Allan over at almostgastricbypass.blogspot has continued to lose through the holidays and wants others to join his challenge going until 1 Jan. Fat Cyclist wants peeps to support him in losing weight, and is offering some great (biking related) prizes for those that join him in losing 10 pounds.
So, while there are many food temptations, there are also folks wanting to maintain focus on healthy eating and weight loss.
I know I haven't written a lot about that lately. The holidays have been hectic, with a certain amount of stress. Was there a full moon on T-day, because my MIL achieved a level of bat-sh&^-crazy that was quite remarkable. My emails have been piling up as I've been spending time cooking, shopping, and getting out the Christmas decorations instead of emailing or posting.
Things haven't been bad. I have maintained. Yesterday I made time for yoga. It's going to be a busy week and we're headed to Georgia for the weekend, but my healthy food is prepped and ready to be tossed into my lunch box. My gym bag is at the office under my desk.
As we cleaned the kitchen yesterday, son and I had a good laugh over MIL's T-day shenanigans. Cause really? I could be pissed about the fact that she showed up 3 hours late, with an appetizer that wasn't done, "mashed potatoes" that were still raw potatoes, and a burnt pecan pie. But what's the point? It's not like she's going to change. I can be angry about her crappy behaviour, or I can laugh about it. (On the list of top stupid things she did on T-day, that only ranks #3 people).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are a better woman than I am clearly. I wouldn't have waited 3 hours for dinner with the president. She would have eaten alone at my house because the rest of us would have been finished, the leftovers put away and the kitchen cleaned.
hugs,
Ali
Post a Comment