Life
Hub is coming home for a few days! Things are going better with the boy. Yesterday we checked out the flea market (a weird mixture of crap and yard sale crap) plus a decent produce stand. We also went to a farmers market in Ft. L. A long way to go for expensive organic produce that I can get for the same price at Whole Payckeck. We were going to eat lunch at a pita place down that way a co-worker told me about. Oddly enough, the only day they are closed is Saturday, so that was a no go. There was a British Pub in the same stripmall, so we ate there. Awesome! We shared fried (fresh) mushrooms - the boy had a chicken sandwich and I had curry. Everything was great. We had a nice day.
This morning I woke up at 5. I fed the dogs and started laundry. Jordan and I took a long 45 minute walk, then I finished laundry and cleaned the kitchem. I found a sleeveless top reduced at W-M yesterday for $3 - I bought 2 and they fit, so I went back and bought 3 more. I'm low in the sleeveless shirt for exercise & walking department, so that was a nice find.
I've done some cooking and finished loading the dishwasher (I love a quiet dishwasher). The boy is out with N riding his dirtbike. He's given up trying to register it and make it street legal (thank God). He used google earth to find some trails down near alligator alley, not far from the house.
N's dad just got a new job as the head chef at a local country club and may be able to get the boy's jobs. That would be good. I know boy's grades aren't the best, but I think a dose of reality might be a good thing.
I am getting really burned out of life as a single parent. truly. I don't know how my mom did it - or any other single parent.
Work is going pretty good. Overall I'm less stressed out and on the edge, although I can't say things are a lot better. I think I'm just adjusting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment