Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy Monday

Hope you had a nice weekend - mine was pretty low key.  The usual chores plus I met a friend for breakfast yesterday, which was really nice.

I went for my annual physical and got a clean bill of health.  She suggested I lose a few pounds, and I agreed.  She suggested Weight Watchers, but I prefer to continue on the primal path.  I feel good, have good energy, sleep well, etc.

After doing the Whole 30 I think I will add back in enough greek yogurt to make my ranch dressing - that's a half cup per week.  Other than that, I will largely leave out dairy - I like my almond milk fine and cheese is just too much of a trigger food for me to have in the house.

I don't miss my stevia in my coffee, not do I miss soda.  They are gone, and that's fine with me.  I'd given up pasta and grains before doing the Whole 30, and I don't miss them much.  I do miss the occasional bread.

The big thing I realized is that beer has to be banished - not only is alcohol not helpful to weight loss, it makes me snacky, and that's bad.  So its gotta stay banished.

That's about it.  Take care.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Good job getting your own personal template all figured out! That's 85% of the battle (inner), I think! :)