Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Thanks

First of all, thank you for the kind comments yesterday.  There are plenty of people with problems far more serious than my own.  It still gets me down, but I try to keep things in perspective.  And I know that sticking to my healthy eating and exercise habits will support my mental and emotional health as well as the physical.

Yesterday a friend called me in the middle of a panic attack. I was glad that I was able to help her settle herself using some of the breathing and relaxation techniques I have taught myself.

Not too much to report here. I may change my morning walk to the evenings - I don't like getting up and walking in the dark.  Enjoying having my lunch salad back in rotation.

I found a recipe for a salad dressing the other day which relied on chia seeds to thicken it.  I am wondering if you could use chia or ground flax combined with almond milk as a base for making a ranch style dressing?  I've been making my own ranch for years.  I used almond milk and greek yogurt, but with no dairy on the Whole 30 I am looking for an alternate thickener.  Hmmm, I may play with that this weekend.

Have a good day!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

well almond milk isn't dairy. But yeah, greek yoghurt would be a no no, dairy wise. Let me know how it works out. I'm looking for a dairy-free ranch dressing alternative too! :)