Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I hate the phrase "hump day"

Happy Wednesday.

Feeling some anxiety, but its at a maneagable level.  No tears or panic attacks.  Thank you lord for modern medicines!  Right now the extra help is much appreciated.

I was thinking about dishes earlier.  I LOVE dishes.  Two things my house has too much of are books and dishes.  I love living in a clean, uncluttered home.  But as many times as I have pared down my books, I still own a lot.

And I've pared down my dishes too, but I still have a lot of those as well!  My everyday dishes belonged to my grandmother.  They aren't necessarily what I would pick if I were going to the store, but I love them.  Every time I eat off those dishes I am reminded of my grandparents and my family, and eating off them when I was a kid. 

There's another up side to using those dishes as well: Have you noticed the size of modern dishes?  Plates are giant platters and bowls hold a pound of pasta!  Modern dishes are significantly larger!  My grandmother's dishes have both dinner and luncheon plates.  The bowls are a reasonable size.  Using those dishes is a form of built in portion control because they hold the right amount of food! 

It sounds like a little thing, but its a nice visual reminder of how much food is "enough". 

I hope you have a good day!

No comments: