Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Struggling

Guys, I have been really struggling.  I'm not talking about food - I mean mentally, emotionally.

At first I just thought it was seeing my family, and being separated all over again, and getting out of my routine.  It took me a few days to realize there was more to it.  (Hey, I readily admit I'm not in tune with myself!). 

I have been working with a recruiter up in NC.  Before I left a job came up that seemed like a really terrific fit.  The hiring leader was interested in me and it seemed to be going well, but then they had to put their hiring on hold.  It could still pan out, but I realized that I was terribly disappointed.

Trying to find a job via internet is extremely frustrating - it feels like you drop resumes into a black hole.  So it was great when this job seemed to come my way and seemed like such a great fit. 

So I'm back here, without any concrete prospects.  Sigh.  It's hard being the sole/ primary bread winner. 

I'm not counting days in my Whole 30.  Right now I am focused on one day at a time, one hour if need be.  When washing your hair seems like a major chore, you don't focus on the "big picture". 

I've made a "to do" list, and I'm focused on crossing a couple things off it each day.  Times like these the fact that I plan and prep my food in advance is a godsend.  That keeps me eating the way I need to.  My veggies are bought and prepped for my lunch salad.  Homemade dressing is done.     

Anyway, admitting that I am having a tough time is a good step.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm very sorry you are struggling. I can't imagine being separated from my loved ones for a long period of time, AND being expected to be the soul means of support. That's a lot to bear, sweetie.

Mrs Swan said...

I am so very sorry hun! I am the sole breadwinner but I have my family here with me. (Although sometimes I would like to ship them somewhere else! LOL) I hope that something pops up soon that will be perfect for you. I cannot imagine how hard it is for you to be away from your family. :( (hugs)