Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Just 'eh'

So, I found out Monday that I didn't get the job.  There were folks with more experience.  I didn't get any negative feedback and I was asked to apply again if they convert any more temp positions to perm.  So there's that.  Kinda bummed.  I hate contracting, even though the pay is good and the company evens offers some 401k matching and benefits. 

And the past two days at work have been INSANE.  A project sorta blew up while I was gone, so I came back to that.  Then yesterday I spent the day setting up accounts in the mainframe for a massive project that just installed.

By the end of today I was beginning to feel caught up.

Last night I went to the gym to take a spin class with my fave instructor, but I got the time wrong and missed the class.  Are you sensing a theme here????

Okay, good stuff!

Christmas cards are mailed.  All gifts are nearly bought and I am finishing my homemade gifts this weekend so I can get those suckers in the mail!

Eating is good and I am navigating the holiday food landmines with little to no issues.

While the scale has bounced some, the overall trend continues down and I've already lost around 2.5 pounds this month.  Woo hoo!  I plan to keep THAT focus!

Tonight I am lifting weights, which I LOVE!

We had a wonderful visit with my great aunt.  She's still doing well, but definitely beginning to slow down quite a bit.  The sense that our time is running out was a lot stronger this trip.  She's 95 and in good health, but at that age you never know.  My grandmother (her sister) was in great health, right up until she quit eating and died.  So I think we may plan a trip back to rent a cabin in the spring rather than going up to New England.

Have a good rest of the week!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

congrats on keeping the eating in line, even losing, with all that's been going on!

Sorry about the job. :(