Sunday, December 14, 2014

What's going on

I have been teary, angry, and most of all - stressed this weekend.  What is going on?

I'm not sure.  So forgive my brain dump while I think about it.

Things that are making me nutso right now:

  • Work is crazy
  • I resent that I work as hard as the full time people - but without any of the perks
  • I have a lot to do before the holidays
  • I haven't felt like my friends are being very supportive*
  • I don't feel like my husband has been very supportive - but he IS trying, and that counts
  • I feel overwhelmed
  • I don't have my old comforts to help me through (you know, the caloric kind)
*I am thinking specifically of 2 good friends.  One has been very busy with training and classes (she has her own business).  It's no reflection on her - it's just timing.  The other one....  Well, I like her very much, but here's the thing:  she is manic depressive.  When she's depressed she's needy, and when she's manic she's so spazzy that you literally cannot get in a word edge-wise while she tells you ALL KINDS of random stuff. She is a good friend, but right now I'm finding her tough to handle.

Exercise is fine.  Food is fine.  My emotions ... not to fine.

Okay, I am spending time today with another good friend.  I am looking forward to it. 

Be good to yourself. :-)

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Not quit sure why the manic/depressive friend is such a good friend? She sounds like waaaay too much work. :(

Sorry you are going through this. Are there some holiday-related things that you could just 'pass' on this season? It really is okay to do that, you know. :)