Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Update

Hey there.

Doing a bit better.  Plopping stuff down helped, spending Sunday afternoon with a good friend helped.  I gave myself the last 2 nights off from the gym to wrap gifts, bake pumpkin, balance checkbook, blah blah.  We try to keep the holidays fairly low key, but there is still some extra work involved.  Since I was feeling overwhelmed, I decided 2 days off from working out were acceptable.

A note about my friend:  She is a great lady and she isn't always manic or depressive.  When she's "normal", its easy for her to be a good friend.  When she's in an extreme mood swing, it's tougher.  But she can't help that.  Luckily those times are not that frequent.  We all have our challenges I guess.  I wouldn't be much of a friend if I bailed on her when she was going through a tough time.

Food has been good.  Took broccoli salad for the work lunch - ate that, green beans, eye of round, and some chicken.  Took a pass on all the desserts.  No one commented! Woo hoo!  Lunch was good and I didn't feel deprived.

Anyway, I hope you all are doing well.

I decided to change things up a bit next month.  Instead of working with the trainer I have signed up for a month of all you can attend Bikram yoga.  I'm doing that plus working out on my own - walking & weights on my own.  I wanted something to challenge myself - I'll start after the holidays.  I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Hi Neca,

I only commented on her based on what you mentioned about her in your blog post. If I over-reacted, I apologize.

neca said...

No apologies necessary! Let's face it, this is a limited communication method and I didn't elaborate. I would've asked the same questions!