I just finished my food prep for the week. Yay! I made myself a different variation of salad that I haven't made in a while, and I got to thinking about salad. Some bloggers say they don't like salad. That may be true, but I also think a lot of people have a pretty narrow definition.
My salads that I pack for lunch never include lettuce or spinach or anything like that - they just don't hold up well. This salad is no exception to that rule. I'll give you the base and today's version, but you can take this salad in any flavor direction you'd like.
Cauliflower salad
Rice a head of cauliflower in the food processor (after that there are no rules!)
Today's included
grilled chicken
a can of black beans
cilantro
green onions (red are good too)
I could have put roasted corn but didn't have any
chili and garlic powder
lime juice
salt
an english cucumber, diced
This will keep in the fridge all week. Every night before I pack some for lunch I plan to add:
diced tomato and avocado
As you can imagine the portions are quite large and low in calories and carbs, but an excellent source of good fats & protein.
It's super hot here today. I went for a walk in the park and am spending today inside. I miss you, spring!
Hope you have a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Neca that sounds yummy! Will have to try once I am done with the whole 30 and can have some beans with it :)
Salads, can be whatever we put in them !
Love the sound of your salad ideas.
All the best Jan
Neca--So very true! i claim to not like salads--but I've certainly eaten what might be considered a salad--on more than one occasion!
Excellent planning and prep!
Uhg--the heat!!!
to me, a salad is fresh raw veggies, with some type of dressing, which could just be fresh lemon juice squeezed over it. I'm not into beans or corn, but the rest sounds good. :)
Salads are the most important and nutritious part of our meal. Hence salad must be regularly taken up. Some people who can't diet can go for the liposuction
Liposuction in Indore has proved to the most effective and advanced treatment for weight loss reduction.
That salad sounds great!
Thanks - I posted a picture. It's really yummy and holds up great in a lunch box!
Post a Comment