I have spent the past 20 or so years doing what women all
around the world do: support and nurture their families. I’ve provided financially and emotionally,
and my efforts have taken care of us and allowed others to pursue goals and
dreams. There have been successes and
failures along the way. And like many
women, I have happily allowed my own dreams to take a back seat, believing “my
turn” would come.
The past year has brought about a sea change in nearly every
aspect of my life, and the next year promises to bring even more. With change comes opportunity if you are
willing to grab it. I’ve been asking
myself lately what dreams I want to pursue.
I don’t have a lot of concrete answers and that’s okay. But I’ve been yearning to do something epic.
I’ve decided this year I am crossing a big item off my
bucket list: I am making a cross country
trip with my son. Beyond visiting a dear
friend in Phoenix, Moab, the Grand Canyon, and Yosemite, the rest is TBD. We have to work out the itinerary and
timeline, but I have reached a point where I am able and ready to make my own
goals and dreams a priority.
Maybe a different woman could have done a better job of balancing
those dreams of her family with her own.
I guess I’m too much of an “all in” person to have done it that
way. I waited “my turn”, before
realizing that you can’t wait, you have you make your turn.
Our cross country trip to see some of the best America has
to offer might be the “official” start, but really, the journey is already
underway.

3 comments:
What a fantastic idea to start it, and YAY YOU for finally making YOU a priority! Great things ahead! I know it!
Thanks Gwen. It's been tough, but I am beginning to set my sights on what I want to do, and what comes next. Scary, sad, exciting...
That sounds like such a fun trip! I bet you are kind of excited to think about all of the possibilities now that it's your turn.
Post a Comment