Sunday, July 12, 2015

Feeling a bit frustrated

Good morning!  Can I vent for a moment here?  (Of course I can, it's my blog!)

I've raised a pretty good kid if I do say so myself: he's competent, kind, and hard working.  I don't take all the credit, and of course at 20 he is still a work in progress, but he's a good kid. 

On the plus side is that he is caring and generous.  One the negative, it sometimes I feel like I get placed last in his priorities.  He is working and saving money to go back to school, but I am subsidizing him somewhat.  One thing I recently did was pay the tax & tags on his car.  In return, I asked him to do the brakes on my car.  The problem is that doing that falls behind working on his stuff and working on his grandpa's house.  Well, I can't wait forever for my brakes to get done! 

He isn't selfish - certainly less so than your average 20 year old, but I still get frustrated when working on my stuff (for which he gets paid more than he does by his grandpa) is lower priority than everything else!  UGH!

I had a nice time yesterday - went out to lunch with my friend, hung out by the pool, then she came over and I fixed supper for everyone (family got home right at supper time).  It was a nice day.

I'm afraid I'm feeling a bit like this today:


No comments: