Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Day 1, and bra confession


When I was overweight, I wore cheap sports bras all the time. This kind:


I probably have a billion with the elastic worn out (and I've tossed a billion more!). I wore them ALL THE TIME. To "work out" (which wasn't very strenuous), to work, where ever I was going and whatever I was wearing. Yes, it totally gave me a uniboob and no it wasn't flattering. It was comfortable and I didn't care. And at roughly $3 a bra.... whatever, right?

Only sometime along the way I started to care. So I dug through my old clothes and found a couple of bras that worked until I lost more weight. The ones I have that are the correct size are either no longer comfortable or worn out.

The 2 I bought at Kohl's are Warner brand, underwire, with enough "padding" that nipples won't show through at work, but not overly padded or push up. (Why do you need that much padding in a C cup anyway?). For workouts I am using some of the same cheap sports bras, only racerback. I do have a couple of more heavy duty ones, but since I walk, use the elliptical, or lift weights as my primary forms of exercise, there isn't much in the way of high impact exercise going on so they work fine so far. But yeah, a good bra is so worth it.

Here is where I ended up at the end of the day yesterday:



I wasn't particularly hungry, but I left a lot (especially protein) on the table. Let's see how today goes!

Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great! But I thought you ate lower carb... is that carb amount normal for you?

neca said...

Good question! it was high because yesterday my snacks were a fiber cracker and hummus. That was an eye opener!!

Mrs Swan said...

By the time you take off the fiber your at like 111 which isn't too bad. Way less than anyone else in my family has/will eat today (except for meee LOL)
I need new real bras but I am not going to spend money on them till I have lost more. I will just deal.

*Sweat and Sparkle* said...

I have a collection of sports bras just like those! Ha ha. With the edges fraying and looking like cleaning rags instead of bras. I didn't buy any nicer sports bras until I was running a lot and doing Insanity last year, when I realized how much more support I need. Now...I need to get back to those kinds of workouts!