BTW, T made it home safely last night. I slept like I had been given a sleeping pill. It was great.
One of the cool side benefits of getting older is that you care less about what other people think. Last night I (for the second time in my life) rocked a sports bra style workout top at the gym. Sure my midsection still has fluff (no 6 pack here!) and my belly (which was mostly covered by shorts) has stretch marks from pregnancy, but my back is really starting to look good and wearing it made me feel strong. And a tad weird.
Doing things my own way has spilled over into other aspects of my life, including nutrition. This week I have meticulously weighed and measured so I could know what (and how much) food I was putting in my body, and how I felt as a result. This is an idea that had been rolling around in my head, but was reinforced by a podcast I listened to.
Are you a podcast person? I'm not but my husband is and Ben Greenfield is a long time favorite. An episode on optimal diet we listened to recently (okay, my husband made me listen to in his car! lol) really resonated with me. Ben's premise (backed by research) is that for all that we are alike, the spectrum of differences is greater than we think. Our ancestors adapted to different diets in different parts of the world, meaning that we are better adapted to eating a certain way. We're pretty amazing and can run on most anything for fuel, but we work better on some.
As I get closer to my goal, I am trying to hone in on what foods fuel performance and good health as well as help me lose the last of the weight. I picked a fairly standard starting point:
| Macros Based on The Zone (1) | % Of Total |
| 30% Protein | 30% |
| 40% Carbohydrate | 40% |
| 30% Fat | 30% |
I pretty consistently went under on the carbs and over on the protein. I felt pretty good, but my overall calorie consumption was on the low side and I felt hungry some.
Yesterday:
I am going to change the targets for the upcoming week and see how that goes. I'll work on that this weekend and let you know what I come up with.
If you are curious, here's everything I ate yesterday (pretty typical):
The result: I'm at 151.6 pounds this morning - "only" down 0.9 pounds from last week, but a new low! So yay!
Have an awesome weekend!

3 comments:
Are you letting a system calculate your macro percentages for you or are you doing it by hand? I didn’t see the percentages listed on your chart copies. So I wondered.
So agree on that cool side benefit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
I DL a few episodes of the podcast from the start to see if I find it engaging. I am out of the one I was listening to.
Post a Comment