Monday, September 06, 2004

Out of Touch with Reality

The past few weekends, Sunday afternoon has been really rough for me - that's when I've been doing the bulk of my over-eating. This weekend was no exception but I finally figured out why: I'm depressed on Sunday afternoon. Every weekend, we run around doing all this stuff that has piled up while hubby is working out of town. And its been especially bad trying to get stuff packed back up after vacation. So, by Sunday afternoon we've worked like dogs the whole weekend and spend zero time together, and then I get depressed because I know he's leaving in the morning.

So, yesterday instead of mowing the grass & me cooking, we sat and watched movies. Yes, I still ate too much because I was sad, but we also talked about things we could DO about it. Like, taking a day off and doing something fun together. Like, doing our chores Friday night & Saturday morning next weekend, so we can ride down for a quick overnight camping trip. There's nothing like sitting around in the woods together with no distractions. He could take his jewelry making stuff (my husband is cherokee & makes really cool native jewelry), and I could take something and we could hike and little and sit a little.

Hopefully, that will make me feel better. This whole working out of town thing really sucks.

No comments: