Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I’ll laugh about it some-day, just not to-day!

So, I get home last night and realized I left my purse at work. How is this possible? Because I usually put it in my huge-ass work bag, but couldn’t because my 5 year anniversary gift from the company (I chose the binoculars because I thought my son would like them) was in the bag where my purse goes.

So, I drive back to work, grab the purse, take son to the tutor (you know it’s in the opposite direction, right?). We finally get there, and I realize it is now dark and we have left the dogs outside. So, I drop him, drive home, put dogs in warmth, drive back, then drive to the restaurant of his choice, then drive home. To recap: west to get boy, east to get purse, we go west again to tutor, south to go to dinner, northeast to get back home. I drove for 4 hours. How was your evening?

Despite all this, I didn’t do too bad at the restaurant. Yes, I ate some of the chips (it was our favorite Mexican place). But I would have eaten a basket of cardboard at that point, so surely they don’t count. I then had 2.5 of the best homemade steamed chicken tamales ever created, and half of my son’s refried beans. And 1 Miller Lite, strictly for medicinal purposes.

I think we wound up tying each other for the “captain cranky-pants” award, and we both agreed we would laugh about someday, but yesterday wasn’t gonna be that day!

Food:
B: sexed up oatmeal
S: 1 lowfat string cheese and raw veggies with some homemade baba ganoush dip (1 tiny but of olive oil, no tahini)
L: 1/3 of a large sweet potato with cinnamon & splenda, a can of tuna with more raw veggies and 2 T of vinegarette (homemade)
S: 1 lowfat string cheese, 1 orange, 2 dove dark chocolate bites and a cup of my veggie soup (0 pt for you weight watchers out there)
L: 2.5 tamales, half an order of refried beans, uncounted chips, and 1 miller lite

Exercise:
Ran 2 miles – gosh, 22 is so much warmer than 9!

This morning it was a balmy 37, but you do understand why my carcass stayed in the bed until 6 am, right???

No comments: