Thursday, January 27, 2005

My hubby loves me

Yes, he does. How do I know? Because he brought me my watch and wedding ring, which I forgot in my haste to get out of the house this morning. Also, because he is working in Fayetteville today, which means he is stopping to bring me bulgogi and kim chee from a yummy Korean restaurant. YUM! I wouldn’t be averse to a nice steaming bowl of chi gae, but I suspect that wouldn’t travel as well as the others. I could happily live on Korean food, and pretty much did when I lived in Hawaii. Well, with plenty of fresh seafood & veggies & sushi….

I slept in yesterday, recovering from the effects of “forgotten purse syndrome”. I never did get in any cardio, but I got a fantastic workout at the gym. I did back, biceps, & low back I did lat pulldowns, db rows, db curls (full motion), and hammer curls. Then did the cybex low back machine – 3 sets of everything. The biceps were a “drop superset”. I did one exercise then the other, both to failure, the decreased my weight and did that again. No resting. Whew! It’s a quick way to kill your arms!

Then I went down the hall to get my son from tae kwon do. The instructor makes the kids do push-ups if they are late. Since it was my fault we were late last night, I offered to do the push-ups. He said “drop and give me fifty” (been a few years since I heard that!). I dropped to the floor & started knocking them out. He couldn’t believe I could do 50 push-ups. The kids were amazed! Hee hee hee. Sometimes it’s the little things that make me glad I’m in decent shape.

Food was also good – I treated myself a Miller Lite as I read the new “Cooking Light” weight loss book – most of the info wasn’t new to a veteran dieter & avid reader like me, but the recipe section is terrific. I will definitely be trying some of those!

I slept in again today (if you call 6 sleeping in, which I do), but that’s cool because my plan was to run this afternoon when it is a little bit warmer. I prefer to run in the morning, but afternoon is okay too in the wintertime. I can’t run well in the heat.

Well, about all I know today.

A terrific lady writes a wonderful blog, but she is taking a break, basically because she has gotten some very hurtful e-mail concerning her blog. I'm always glad when people leave me positive little plugs, and I'm grateful no one has done that to me. Mean people suck.

2 comments:

neca said...

Thanks Rebecca! You are one of the nice people I've met for sure!

neca said...

Thanks! For the record, the most push-ups I have ever done (not timed) without leaving the push-up position is 91. See what a smart mouth gets you in the Army? :-) The most in 2 minutes on an Army fitness test was 76. Now if I could only do a pull-up.....