Monday, January 24, 2005

Is this thing still on???

Feel like I’ve been gone forever. Here’s the update on life, the universe, and everything.

1) Exercise. Last Sunday (the 16th) I ran 6 miles, proving I could be on track to do the June marathon. Yesterday was the next time I exercised, needing to run 7 miles to stay on track. I did it, but the week between was clearly not conducive to my physical fitness. I figure I could maybe make the 10 mile mark on sheer willpower, 12 if Freddy Krueger were chasing me with a chain saw.

The run yesterday felt good, despite the cold. This morning’s 2 mile walk did not. Why? When I got home I checked the thermometer and it read 9 degrees. I didn’t know that was a real temperature unless you lived in Canada.

Also, my walkman died. This is very sad because you can no longer purchase a walkman that plays tapes unless it also gets all tv channels and homelinks to your garage door opener and doubles as a dog groomer. This is how they change you a stupid amount of money for what used to be cheap. I guess everybody but us luddites is buying iPods.

2) Thank the gods that the diet Pepsi, pizza, and Miller Lite diet is over. I was seriously beginning to feel like crap. Gee, I wonder why????? I took a page out of Dave Draper’s book (literally) and I am eating much cleaner, although not the tuna and water he swears by.

3) Everything else. Attending a funeral last Monday for a woman my age was hard. Especially a nice and funny woman, who fought breast cancer tooth and nail for 5 years. Add to that the stress of the hubster having to go to a job 6 hours away, picking up the new car (a Kia Sedona – I can’t believe I drive a minivan!), blah blah blah, and it is was just on sucky week. But, life goes on for the living, and I’m getting back to where I want to be.

4) Annual physical. My doctor said I looked great, keep it up, and accept that I may not lose that extra 15 pounds. While I’m relieved it isn’t harming my health, I hate how it makes me feel. I really hate being overweight.

No comments: