Realistic Resolutions
I find myself guilty of jumping on other people’s bandwagons, in an attempt to get to my goal, preferably by yesterday. Amazingly enough, adopting a plan not your own doesn’t work. What has worked for me for the past three years (of admittedly slow weight loss) has been to limit potions, putting nothing off limits, and exercising as much as I can fit in without going insane.
I lost a pound last week, eating chocolate and drinking beer. By not doing too much of either, but enough so that I didn’t need to binge on anything. And exercising a lot! Seven hours of exercise, plus a couple of doggie walks thrown in there. I don’t write down what I eat, but I do plan out my meals and I know what calorie range they fall in. I have a little “wiggle room” so that if I want a skinny cow or a couple of dark chocolate chunks from the freezer, I can have them.
I am feeling good, glad to be back in a routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment