The Dog Days of Summer
Saturday morning I walked out of the grocery, sniffed the air, and said to myself "Summer is here."
But I'm not a very bright woman, meaning I didn't act on that realization. I would have gotten more sewing and less tv viewing done Saturday had I turned the air conditioning on. But I was stubborn.
Then Sunday I should have asked the hubby to help me close some of the windows I can't close before he left for work, but I didn't. So the dogs and I layed around watching tivo-ed lame sci-fi movies, panting and bemoaning our fate. The coolness of beer kept me refreshed (and a cold bath). I did a llittle sewing, but not as much as I wanted due to utter lack of motivation.
The thing I hate most about weekends like this (and the reason why I want to put them behind me - besides wanting to have a waist) is the fact that in retrospect I always come away feeling like I have wasted my time. I could have watched movies while sewing and would have enjoyed my time more.
Oh well.
Today is day 1 of my 6 day a week lifting experiement. I am curious to see how I like this routine relative to the one I have been using. I'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment