Morning Musing of a Recovering Lazy-A$$, and other Stuff
One of the more difficult parts of being a recoving lazy-thing is finding balance. For example, I can never know with confidence whether I am doing “enough” exercise. What is enough? This week I am trying to silence the inner voice that wants to beat me up for not running in the mornings. I am getting in my gym time, and my lunch walks, but a) it’s a hectic week and b) I’m tired still from traveling. Why is it so hard to just say “This week is less than I’d like, but enough that I won’t wither away.”?
So, my husband started a new job today. Sometimes you’ve got to release your problems to the universe. The poor man was at his breaking point, and the possibility a friend mentioned panned out. Please don’t feel any sympathy for his former boss. Here was the schedule he laid on hubby this week: Monday Fayetteville (3 hours east of home), Tuesday Marion (2.5 hours west of home) then drive back to pick up the helper & the tools boss asked him to leave with helper (naturally he needed those tools in Marion yesterday). Wednesday & Thursday were Spartanburg SC (3 hours south of home), then Friday in Sanford (1.5 hours east of home). In a work van with a gas allowance of $125. Why? Because hubby was the ONLY lead carpenter he had left and the boss didn’t want to leave home. Be careful who you treat like sh-- , they might leave you holding that bag of sh--. He quit at 1:30, and got home at 9:30 after all the driving around to get the tools he’d been asked to leave. Never mind when he had all those tools already stolen from that job site not only did the boss not have insurance to cover it, but he didn’t help with the replacement. Ug!
The new job is local. Hurray!!! I hope it goes well. And I am so glad he’ll be at the boy’s tae kwon do test tonight.
Ran errands last night – semper gumby, right? Gym after work, then home for lentil soup & back to the gym for the boy’s belt test.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It's tough to let go because you know the results of a history of letting go.
A profound point, but for me not exactly accurate. I was NEVER an athlete before. I was a total slug, so I really have no concept of how much exercise an athletic person does. How do you know what the men's room looks like if you've never been in there? :-)
I seem to have a hard time finding balance in diet, exercise, adequate training for my goals, garden, spouse, work, other hobbies, sleep,...(in no particular order). Mostly it ends up give and take. I really was not prepared as much for my first marathon as I would have been if I had more time. Same story for marathon II in September. I settle for being fit, I don't have time to be an ELITE athlete. I think this is a problem for many, no matter what the sport or athletic inclination.
p.s. Hope your husband's job works out, I used to have a job where I was on the road a lot, no fun at all!
Post a Comment