Uninspired or uninspiring?
Hmmm. So, I realize Stella’s groove left for Jamaica without her (or me, actually). This blog has been kinda blah lately. Judging by the lack of comments, I guess I’m not the only one to think that!
Hubby & I talked yesterday – we’ve agreed to make the house a “beer free” zone. It will be easier for me, and he is saying he wants to lose the weight he’s regained. He hasn’t been exercising since he’s been working out of town. His shorts don’t fit – big wake-up call for him! He walked after I got back from running yesterday. He may go to the gym with me tonight. Yay! That makes me glad. He needs to lose weight (he has high blood pressure), but I don’t want to push him and turn him off. It’s tough – I want to encourage him but he hasn’t seemed ready. Maybe that will begin to change now that he is home.
My “cheat meal” contained cheese dip. It is no longer my friend. I feel too lousy the next day for it to be worth it to eat. Oh cheese dip, how you have betrayed me! Forced to eat healthy food – drat! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The house a "beer-free zone", I like that concept. I like to drink a couple cold ones on the weekend when it's hot out, I noticed that my diet was going nowhere, so I haven't bought anymore in the last week or so. My wife doesn't drink anyway. In Germany a house without beer is like not having water or soft drinks, I mean even the churches serve beer at their gatherings - its the national drink. On the other side drunkenness is REALLY frowned upon by the same and leads to chastisement.
My wife is also having the "shrinking shorts" problem and is trying to do something about it (finally). I love every pound of her but worry about her health. But I have found that the decision to diet has to be an individual think, a spouse's nudging generally backfires.
I like the idea of a beer-free zone. I can't imagine it, but I like the idea.
I especially can't imagine a beer-free zone in Germany! When I lived there, beer was cheaper than buying pop or bottled water!
Good for you! It's nice when your spouse is supportive, but even better when your spouse has the same goals.
Nice pic, btw!
Post a Comment