When do you feel like a grown-up?
I feel so silly sometimes. I mean, how hard is it to remember to floss and wash your face at night? But by bedtime I am so tired that I confess I don’t always remember. Too bad my mom can’t come over & remind me! Anyway, as part of my plan to take better care of myself, these are two habits I plan to work harder at remembering. I even have a sign posted on my bathroom mirror!
In addition to reading “Body for Life for Women” while I was on vacation, I re-read “Body for Life” last night. A friend had asked to borrow it, and I wanted to go back over it again before I loaned it out. One thing that was nice to see is that my eating is already very much in line with the plan outlined in the books. (When I eat on plan!) One confusing thing: Bill calls yogurt a carb, while Pamela calls it a protein. I have been counting it as a protein – my breakfast these days is yogurt & raw oats. Should I be adding protein powder to that to boost the protein? Thoughts? Advice????
The “Body Sculpting Bible” workout is very similar to Bill’s weight training plan. I think intensity is the key in any weight lifting regime – you can get good results with any of these plans as long as you put work into it.
I do plan to add HIIT back into the mix. My plan for this evening is weights & HIIT – yesterday was just weights. I came in to work early and other than a walk at lunch, got in no cardio. I’ll walk at lunch again today. I got all my unpacking done yesterday, so it was a pretty crazy day.
I am very worried about my husband. His boss is being totally unreasonable (again) – expecting him to drive all over hell’s half acre plus work full days. On the road 7 hours yesterday, 8 today, and going to SC tomorrow. I wish I could support us! Plus the boy’s tae kwon do test is tomorrow night - hubby had to miss the last one and is determined to drive home from SC to be there. I worry about that man. I wish he could find a job close to home. This is just too much stress for him to carry.
Sorry to end this on a bad note – just needed to release some of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Heh, I NEVER remeber to wash my face either, and always regret it come morning.
I'm curioius about the whole Body for Life thing. I've never really paid attention to it, thinking it's a fad, but a few sites I've been to recently, where the authors write about this eating plan, have made me think I should check it out.
As for your husband, my brother has a trucking job hauling stuff all over the local area and is often on the road for hours and hours. I worry about him too. All you can do is keep your ears and eyes open for other opportunities closer to home, I guess.
Glad you enjoyed your vacation.
Post a Comment