Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again!
The good news is, the damage was more mental than physical, and I knew the perfect cure: I called my girlfriend and ranted. I moaned about my eating, I griped about how I had to park in a different spot due to work in the parking lot. Naturally, I couldn’t find my car and I’m roaming around this huge parking lot yesterday afternoon dressed like Nanuk of the North (I work in a frozen basement). She was laughing so hard she was near tears, and I was laughing right along with her.
Yesterday I wore my comfy jeans that make me feel small. Today I wore a red shirt and a belt and I feel powerful. This morning I ran and felt like an athlete. Everybody gets down. Strong people get back up.
I ate healthy foods yesterday – I am checking out a new gym this afternoon. If the amenities meet our needs, we’re switching as this is MUCH cheaper. I am lifting weights tonight while the boy & a friend go swimming. Getting all that crap food out of my system has me feeling better already. The mornings have cooled down enough that AM runs feel good again.
It may take me a while to get into this new routine – new school, new locale & time for tae kwon do, maybe new gym. But I will. Just because I got down, doesn’t mean I gave up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yep, that's the beauty - you can always kick off again...
Yes, purge the body, get the mind in order, the soul will follow. Keep going forwards!
Post a Comment