Friday, August 26, 2005

Update, and some Friday Humor

Vacation recovery is still happening – slowly but surely. I think our house will be normal by the end of the weekend. We are also recovering from our poison ivy, and the crazy couple is leaving our enactment group. So that’s all good news.

Eating salami sandwiches & guzzling beer promotes weight loss as long as you are living in the wild. I’m back down to my new preferred weight of 150.5. I’m not gonna worry about it. Trying not to sweat the small stuff – just focus on healthy behaviors and hopefully the rest will follow.

I sometimes forget how much I love living outside (for short periods – I don’t plan to pick up & permanently move to a teepee any time soon!). We are doing a camping/enactment thing in a couple of weeks in some big national forecast in Ohio. Then we are camping with another family the weekend of Halloween. It’s just in the state park an hour from our house, but I am looking forward to it. Camping is my thing – and if I want to do it I sometimes have to prod the hub. He likes it, but he’s happy just working on projects around the house too. I guess we’ve both slipped into the whole “homebody” thing the past year. I’d like to start doing more stuff – not just running & housework.

I plan to run tomorrow. I have no idea how far – I plan to run for the simple joy of doing so. I’ll let you know what happens.

Here’s a funny “test’ to see how closely you followed this year’s tour de France: http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/?id=2005/nelson_tour_exam

1 comment:

Jank said...

Neca-

Welcome back! I'm still trying to recover from the trip to Vermont - so tough to come back to real life...