Thursday, January 19, 2006

C is for Cookie

Recipe I wanted to share:

Chocolate oatmeal "cookies"

1/2 mashed banana
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1/3 c oatmeal
1 pkg diet swiss miss coccoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 scoop protein powder

Mix together. Form 6 cookies & bake 10 minutes at 300 degrees.

These were very good! They were a little dry. Things I will try:
Grind some of the oatmeal for a smoother texture.
Use 1 Tbsp coccoa powder and a packet of splenda instead of coccoa mix (cheaper)
Add a bit of applesauce if it’s still dry.

Foodwise, I’m still making good choices. I didn’t get to the gym yesterday – a walk was all that happened. I know I need more exercise, right now I’m just toast. I am FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) at work and FOG (fear, obligation, guilt) at home. (No, I didn’t make those up). One or the other is okay – both at once is tough. Work isn’t bad – just new. Even good stress is still stress. Sigh. But things are better than they were.

I plan to return to the gym next week. In the interim I will walk & try not to eat Tokyo.

No comments: