If you gonna talk the talk, at least try to walk the walk
A lot of different thoughts, so I’m just gonna number them & call it a post.
1. I am obviously a master of maintenance, coming in again last week at 155.5. Given this weekend, I hope I maintain again this week. Sigh. More on that later.
2. I am glad I never gave up on cottage cheese. It’s not that I like it or anything, but it’s such a great source of protein and is versatile. If I put a half cup with a half cup of mixed berries, cinnamon, and a packet of splenda it’s not bad. I made “pancakes” this morning – 3 egg whites, ½ c cottage cheese, ½ c oats, a dash each of cinnamon and vanilla, and a packet of splenda. Blend to make your batter & cook em up. Yum-o!
3. Hub & I talked Saturday. So much has been put on my shoulders – I told him how let down I felt when he didn’t pick up the boy so I could go to the gym. I’ve been working full time at a new job (which is much more demanding), doing boy duty, the shopping & cooking, and at least half the cleaning. How is that fair? He has agreed to take on more responsibility at home. Until the next time we have to have this conversation. Oh well, it’ll help for a while.
4. I am fat & I’m not happy about it. My body looks yucky.
5. We have to keep the trigger foods (beer, pretzels, crackers) out of the house for a while – with my stress levels as high as they are, it is waaaaay too easy to fall into a vat of food. Hub agreed.
6. We went on a date! We had an inexpensive but very good dinner at a Mediterranean deli, then hit a used book store, then B&N for a coffee & hub bought a book there. We got 3 movies & a CD at the used book store, and I scored 7 Star Trek books. Some women read romance novels – I read ST in much the same way – it’s a mindless diversion.
7. Other than the fact that I consumed too many calories, it was a good weekend. I’m trying to forgive myself but stay firm on making this a priority. The stress is tough, but I have to deal with it in a more productive way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
First and foremost....I am going to try the cottage cheese omelet you posted. Sounds sooo good. I love oatmeal, but have been having it for about 6months straight now.
You are not the only one who ate horribly this weekend. I can't stop eating. I have put on 5lbs and feel horribly fat. It is so frustrating how easy weight can go on, but how I have to basically starve myself to lose it. I workout a min of 3x a week and to lose weight I either have to eat barely nothing or do Atkins.
I know what it's like to do it all. It sucks. I've had those conversations w/my husband and things work out good for awhile and then it's me in the same rut again.
lol, if we're confessing, I umm had ice cream last night...lol.
I love Star Trek but have only watched the series and the movies. Have never read any of the books.
Post a Comment