Creativity in action!
It’s amazing how you can get inspired by a low carb tortilla. This week I made wraps for lunch – a thin center cut grilled pork chop with sliced avocado and jerk seasoning. I was thinking “chicken next week. Blah.” Then I started thinking how could I use up some of what is in the house already. Like, we have a bunch of turkey burgers. I could grill those up and slice them in a wrap with a little shredded cheese and salsa! Sometimes I just need to think about how I can use stuff in new ways. My new breakfast totally rocks – who would have thought I’d be raving about cottage cheese? See? Old stuff in new ways.
After a rough couple of weeks sleep-wise, I got a second good night of sleep last night. My body is feeling pretty tired & sore, so I didn’t get up and walk. I’m just going to do my weights & interval training and sneak in a yoga class at some point – I think I need it! I am working harder in the gym than I have in years. I’m not using heavy weights, so there isn’t a lot of DOMS soreness, but I feel that stiff & sore you get after yardwork or something. Maybe a yoga class would help.
I haven’t gotten on the scale in a while. It was making me crazy. I’m just working on working hard.
I need to buy some sugar free Fudgecicles – last night I was totally craving chocolate. I do have sugar free popsicles, but that quite get it.
Monday was grilling out, last night was crock pot, tonight is grilling out, tomorrow night is half crock pot (I’m making the chicken soup base in the crock pot and then making the matzo balls when I get home). I love the fact that my husband loves to grill and we can grill out so often this time of year. It makes my life easier. As do paper plates!
Hub is working today for a temp agency (a temp agency for contractors). Since the client wanted the people to do a drug screening, that’s a good sign that this job will last a while. So I’m hopeful that this place can keep him busy until something permanent comes through. He’s gotten a couple of calls in addition to the university, but that is the best thing by far and away. I know he is going to be so disappointed if he doesn’t get it. The guy wants to have a decision by the 11th, so please keep those good thoughts coming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, Neca, you are one cool chick! Loving your blog!! Yoga is awesome for soreness and general stress/anxiety. Crunch makes a very good DVD that has a day (wake up) and night (to do just before bed) that I like. It's called Candlelight Yoga. Good stuff...hey, just like you!
I'll keep my fingers crossed on you Hub's job prospect. My wife appreciates my grilling too. I enjoy your food tips, keep them coming :-)
Post a Comment