Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I need a new plan

For the past few days, I’ve noticed that my eating is great during the day & falls to pieces at night. Part of that is certainly emotional, but I am also plain hungry after dinner.

We eat pretty early, so it isn’t really surprising that I get hungry before bed. Besides, I generally eat a small dinner, so a snack is perfectly in order. The problem is that I don’t plan well, so I wind up cruising around looking for something, and before I know it I have cheese dip or ice cream in my grubby paw. I need to plan a couple of healthy but yummy after dinner snacks (a salty choice & a sweet choice) to have around for when that happens.

Any ideas? I’m thinking maybe baked chips, refried beans, and low fat cheese would be a good choice. If I limit the chips, select ff beans, and maybe add some lean ground turkey. On the sweet, I may just splurge and buy some reduced cal ice cream treats – its getting to be that time of year. What do you eat when you want something without “ruining” the day? And while that may sound dramatic, anyone who has tried to lose weight knows that just 300 calories or so can be the difference between success and failure.

I skipped the gym Sunday, staying home to lend a hand with the deck project (which is looking great BTW. And I know I’m slack but I will take some pictures!!! I am meeting with the trainer this afternoon, and my bag is in the car.

I’m really struggling here. I know I am doing the right things (most of the time), but I am feeling so demoralized about my weight. And feeling so down makes it difficult to take action. I don’t have any answers - and I don’t feel frustrated enough to take action, unless that action is reaching for some bacon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh lord, I am right there with you most days. This weight loss thing is a bitc*. I struggle with snacking at night too. I have fat free popcorn with I Can't Believe Some People Think This Taste's Like Butter.....and I also have sugar free pudding with whipped cream sometimes. Fudgsicles. Skinny Cows. And that is my boring list that I keep in rotation, but it seems to help. Also--Laughing Cow cheese on celery sometimes. Good luck!!!

Jack said...

I have the same problem. I find a lowfat yogurt or a cold cooked potato to be helpful in getting through the post-dinner snackies.