Little Miss Sunshine
We have been discussing the possibility of adopting a small dog to be a companion to Bess. The two big dogs play together wonderfully, but neither will play with Bess, and she is inside most of the day – and really all of the day when the weather gets cold. She loves going over to my mom’s to play with her mom and sister, and we decided we wanted her to have a companion at our house.
Earlier this week, my mom saw a Chihuahua on the local “Good Morning” show, so we decided to take a chance and go to the shelter. That dog had already been adopted, but we found an adorable blond miniature terrier mix named “Little Miss Sunshine.” She is the same age and size as Bess, very playful, and not at all afraid of the big dogs. In short, perfect!
After spending some time with her, we (of course) fell in love and decided to adopt her. She was supposed to be spayed today, and come home this evening. Last night I got a call from the animal shelter – it seems that Sunshine was stolen from their facility sometime yesterday.
The woman I spoke with last night was obviously “just” an employee, and couldn’t assist me in any way other than to say the dog was gone. She gave me the name of the assistant director and told me she would be in at 8 am. What she neglected to say was that they don’t answer the phones at the animal shelter until they open at noon. I have left messages, but no one has bothered to return my call. So on top of being extremely upset that my dog has been stolen, I am now totally furious that no one has enough f-ing consideration to call me back! If you don’t hear from me for a few days, you know I got arrested after throwing a temper tantrum in the animal shelter waiting room at noon.
My blood is boiling!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How the F**k does someone steal one dog from "the facility" Seriously? Something fishy is going on here. I don't believe a word of it.
Please post the outcome.
Sorry for my language. I'm mad too and it's not even my dog!
I hope you get a little Sunshine in your life, good luck!
Post a Comment