I really thought it was Friday
Last night was not so great. For one, I got home to an angry child – angry because he’d gotten yelled at by his math teacher for not following directions. He was trying to do his math homework instead of listening. He was doing the homework in class because when he asked for help at 9:30 the night before while hub and I were both getting ready for bed, we told him he should’ve checked on his assignments earlier.
Since he got yelled at, he didn’t want to finish the homework or go to school today and when I told him he had to do both he threatened to turn the minivan in to a pile of rubble while I slept. (Teenagers have temper tantrums as badly as any 3 year old I’ve ever seen). So of course he got in trouble.
I went for a walk and started working on the grocery list & menu plan. I was very beaten down – I’d been feeling tired since Tuesday afternoon. Hub came home and we walked the dogs (my pedometer logged over 27,000 steps for yesterday). We had supper, meted out punishment, and I asked hub to please go and get a movie, a 6 pack, and some cheese dip.
While I was in the tub he came in and said he was tired & could we just watch the movice we had at home? I said okay and gave them some money to just run to the stop & rob around the corner from the house. He came back with beer and snacks for them, but didn’t even offer to get me anything. The movie was dumb and I wound up headed for bed at 8:45 in tears. I was hurt that he didn’t offer to get me anything, hurt that the kitchen was still a mess even though I’d gotten up that morning and cleaned it since he hadn’t the night before, and I was just generally feeling like no one ever did anything for me.
I’m losing weight and exercising and in general feeling much better. And sometimes I feel really good. But there are also a fair number of times when I am hungry and tired and I know the tired is from the hunger. But I’m losing weight so I don’t want to change too much up. Sigh. I brought a bigger afternoon snack today – I hope that will help.
While I was planning the meals, I listed last night’s dinner as Thursday. So I have nothing planned for dinner tonight because I thought today was Friday. It’s been a long week. Last week was very hectic and this one is going to be busy as well. I need some quiet time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment