Sticky Numbers
Economists talk about some prices being “sticky.” That is, when the costs of inputs go up, the price goes up. When costs go down, the price follows much more slowly, and may not go all the way back down at all (even if costs do).
I mention this because my weight behaves in the same way. I may stay a weight 2 or 3 days, then suddenly see a drop of 1.5 pounds or so seemingly overnight. That’s the hard thing about seeing the scale pop up 1.8 pounds by the end of the weekend – it takes days to see that number go down. This morning I was STILL 0.6 higher than I was last Friday. This could be the first week since the first of the year I’ve posted a gain. Yikes!
I didn’t think I was doing too badly over the weekend. Apparently I thought wrong. Le sigh. Lesson reinforced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment