Musings on food and exercise
In my “real life” I don’t discuss diet and exercise in any detail except for a couple of close friends. While I find what people eat really interesting (to me it’s a little window into who a person is), that’s why I don’t discuss it much. It’s a personal thing, and I don’t want anyone to think that I’m judging them by what they eat or how they exercise. Conversely, I am very well-read on the subjects of nutrition and exercise – probably more so than most of the people I know. I have strongly held, informed opinions, so going on and on about what I’m doing “wrong” is just going to tick me off and waste your breath.
But, I’ve set this place up precisely to discuss those things, and I enjoy talking about it and reading about other people’s experiences.
My diet (at least on weekdays) is predominantly vegan. It’s easy for me since I prep my food on the weekend and eat the same things Monday through Friday up until dinner time. Even our dinners aren’t “meat-centric” often. Last night we made our own pizzas – the only animal product was the 1 cup of mozzarella cheese we all shared. I bought vegan “pepperoni” – and no one noticed. Tonight’s dinner has 2 ounces of locally raised, grass fed, free range been and 1/8 cup of sour cream per serving.
Other reasons it’s easy for me to eat this way: I fee like it’s better for the environment, both inside and outside of my body. I have a lot more energy when I eat vegan. I think it boosts my weight loss. I feel better.
Exercise has been great – I’m still swinging my kettlebell – I could work harder, but I try to push myself at least a little. I am loving walking outside – one day this weekend I walked 5 miles in the neighborhood. I feel like I’m really making improvements, despite the stress & angst associated with a shopping trip for pants yesterday. Sigh.
I stack my jeans by size, with what I’m wearing now on top. Number 1 pair has been retired because they were too big. Number 2 pair is also too big, but number 3 pair is about 4 pounds snug. Progress is occurring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment