Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The return of Helga

When I was going to the gym pretty hardcore, my husband’s nickname for me was “Helga”. My family is from Germany and when I’m working out, I tend to have the build of a member of an East German swim team. I can pack on muscle almost as quickly as fat. Hence the nickname.

Helga’s been hibernating for a while, with occasional appearances. But I’m pretty confident she’s back on a regular basis now. For example, this morning the alarm went off at 5 – I hit the snooze once, then got out of bed. I did my kettlebell workout and then went for a walk. I felt fantastic afterward – and I still do. My eating has been pretty good – even the weekends are improving. And since we are eating supper later since hub is getting home later, I no longer snack after dinner. Go ahead and read that last bit again. If you’ve been reading this blog for long, you know that after dinner snacks are my kryptonite. They’ve been banished.

According to the scale, I’ve lost 1.4 pounds this week – and that’s 3 days before I “officially” weigh myself. Dude. The exercise feels good, I’m eating super healthy food, and the scale is cooperating!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTG, Helga! So cool! I wish the scale would cooperate with me. I've been working so hard for weeks. No scale improvement, and no perceptible loss of inches. Same darn song as usual... but I'm doing the right thing for my body and trying really hard to say that's good enough. But it's just not!

Anyway, so cool that you're getting muscle definition! You deserve to feel better.

Anonymous said...

That was me - Bren.

Jack said...

Good job Helga, keep it up!