Monday, May 31, 2010

Just a little sad

One of the first blogs I ever read was dietchick.blogspot.com. I loved that she was funny & honest and a little bit insecure. Later, she moved to a new blog when she got married, and later locked it for personal reasons. Today I was clicking on links to some of the old blogs I used to frequent, and clicked on hers. Her old blog (where she no longer posts) is now locked as well. I can't explain why, but it makes me a little sad.

I hope you are having a good Memorial Day (if you are celebrating). I chose to come in to work - I'd like to have a quiet day to myself in a couple of weeks.

I am enjoying my cooking class, but being gone for half the weekend every other weekend is getting old! I am learning a lot though. For my lunch wraps this week I am using a sunflower pate that I learned in class. I tweaked the recipe a tad, but it makes for a very tasty lunch!

I'll admit to feeling a bit nervous about this whole E2L experiment. I know I'm going to feel blah for a while since I've eliminated oh .... everything! Chemicals, caffeine, sugar, flour, ... You get the idea. I'm also nervous about making 2 dinners (at least some nights). And worried that when I get tired or stressed I'll give in. But I really really really want to do this thing as close to 100% as possible for the next 6 weeks. Forget about weight - I want good health!

Did I mention that I signed up for swim lessons for June? My old swimsuit when I was swimming in my old tri days still fits, so I just need to get new goggles & a nose clip. Sweet!

No comments: