Unexpected guests
Saturday I went to my raw foods class. Since the guys were in PA for the weekend, I was thinking I’d have a quiet weekend of puttering around, sewing, etc. once I got back home. Uh, not so much!
When I got home I had a message from Amber at the Humane Society where we volunteer. Someone had brought in 11 2-week old puppies Saturday afternoon. (Mom had been hit by a car.) The guy said the mom was a Blue Heeler, the puppies are little tri-colored cuties.
I brought home 4. They really didn’t want to nurse, but they’ve done okay slurping a mix of mushed wet food and formula out of a dish. They are sleeping a lot at that age, but they are just little sweeties. Fox would have liked to foster them longer but Butchie felt the need to protect them from the other dogs – which led to a lot of dog related stress around our house this weekend. (Not to mention lack of sleep stress.)
Luckily other foster home are lined up. It’s been fun, but a lot of work!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment