Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This and that

I made salad dressing last night - mine was from the class I took this past weekend. I also made french for hub subbing almond butter & water for some of the oil, but I used too much and it came out "too creamy and muted". Le sigh.

I got up, swung my kettlebell and took a short walk. I looked at the blender and just couldn't face another smoothie, so I had some of last night's leftover salad for breakfast - I added some chickpeas and a few sunfloer seeds to give it a little more staying power. Oddly, it made a good breakfast.

It is our day to volunteer. It's supposed to rain - yuck. Normally I'm pro rain, but not when I have to walk dogs in it. Last week I was getting a puppy out of his cage and put him up to my chest to hold him. He'd pooped in his kennel and stepped in it and got it all over my shirt. I told the boy I was glad I didn't have to go buy dinner from the Whole Foods deli wearing a poopy shirt. This week I have no dinner (I forgot to cook the beans last night and I was running too late to get anything in the crockpot anyway), so I sure hope I don't leave with a poopy shirt again!!!

No comments: