Friday, May 28, 2010

Traction

I was down 2.4 pounds today – yay!

I’ve been tossing several ideas around in my head. Have you ever read “Eat to Live” by Dr. Joel Fuhrman? It’s a terrific book about the eating habits he’s developed for his clients and the medical results they’ve seen as a result. The basic gist is this: we get too many macronutrients (carbs, fat, protein) and not enough micronutrients (vitamins, antioxidants, phytonutrients). His eating style encourages you to consume sufficient micronutrients by eating a diet based heavily on vegetables, fruits, nuts & seeds, - basically, natural, unprocessed foods.

Given the fact that my blood pressure has crept up to ‘pre-hypertension” levels and my weight is… well, my weight, I can’t keep pretending that eating the way I am and just exercising more is going to fix anything.

This weekend I am prepping my kitchen to get ready, Monday I begin this way of eating – no counting calories or anything like that, but eating plenty of a variety of nutrient dense foods and staying away from the refines stuff.

I'll probably be posting my food here, not sure what else.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend (if you celebrate it)!

No comments: