Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Serendipity

I decide to buy a new serger and a friend puts her Viking up for sale. While it took a bit of effort (mostly from another friend), it is now up & running!

I found a 3 part course on raw food in Asheville which starts … this Saturday. I changed my weekend plans (road trip to Mary Jo’s for fabric) so I can attend. It puts a crimp in my road trip budget up to JM’s, but it’s the only class I’ve found that doesn’t involve thousands of dollars and hotel stays/flights. The class is 3 Saturdays over a 6 week period, so it doesn’t affect my trip up to visit JM. Sweet!

I hate that I am committing so much weekend time for the next few weeks, but this is something I really feel like will be useful and it’s something I want to do. I’m just tired of feeling like I have no time.

Then we have the anti-serendipity:

In order for my grandma to have Hospice, she had to be moved out of the Alzheimer’s unit and into the other part of the assisted living facility. Having moved her, they now think she may make too much money to qualify for Medicaid in that unit. So my mom may be forced to move her to an entirely new facility. While that might be best in the long run, I know my mom is feeling a HUGE amount of stress over this.

On the up side, MIL is #3 on the list and there are several units currently being cleaned etc. for new occupants at the senior subsidized apartment complex. It looks like she will be moving by the end of the month!!! YAY!!!!! Would it be mean to hope she’s moving on the weekend of a cooking class??????

1 comment:

Jack said...

My wife is having similar issues as your grandma with her aunt that she takes care of, it's quite stressful.

The raw food course sounds interesting, my eating habits have strayed badly this year, maybe I should look around for a course. have fun at yours!