Thursday, May 27, 2010

This weekend

MIL has an apartment! Given her history, I just hope she can manage to keep her bills paid on time. (This can be a challenge when you never balance your checkbook, you know.) But I’m trying not to worry about what may be in the future and instead focus on the fact that her days of living with my mom are numbered – to 2 or 3!!! Anniversary plans have been modified to accommodate move.

I finished watching the companion DVDs that came with “Simply Raw”. One lady made a very simple green smoothie that made me realize I’ve been trying to cram too much into mine. I simplified it to: 1 frozen banana, water, greens, and green powder. For greens I’ve been using some combination of lettuces, spinach, kale, parsley, and dandelion. You would be amazed how much energy this gives you.

As a matter of fact, I’ve been drinking one in the morning and I think I am going to add a second for when I get home from work – I think it will help keep my evening eating in better control as well as give me a boost of energy for the evening. For the second I may try frozen berries instead of banana – I’m not much of a banana person, but the organic are cheap and they do give it a nice texture. (While bananas are low pesticide foods, they spray those pesticides while the workers are in the fields, so I choose not to buy conventional bananas.)

I signed up for swim lessons for the month of June – I like swimming but a) it’s been a while and b) it’s easier for me to go regularly if I have a standing commitment.
I have 2 more raw food classes, so I don’t see myself getting much done in the way of sewing until after they are finished. This has me concerned because I have other projects I need to get done prior to Pennsic as well. I need to sit down and get these prioritized.

No comments: