Thursday, December 30, 2010

14 weeks

Yesterday afternoon I did a tough 47 minutes on the elliptical (again with a cardio coach guided workout on my MP3 player).

After dinner last night I went to the Y. I did 2 things:

1. I made an appt with a personal trainer for tonight to set up a simple free weight lifting routine for me. The reason I want a free weight program is so I can do it at the office gym as well as the Y. Yes, I know enough about weight lifting that I could set up a program for myself, but I haven't.

2. I went to yoga. Near the end of class the thought popped into my head "I've been practicing yoga regularly for 14 weeks." I've done 2 6-week yoga sessions here at work and I've continued over the 2 week break we've had before the next session. I'm still not ready for the cover of "Yoga Journal", but I have made noticable progress.

I have been going to the Y faithfully for weeks now. I use the fitness center at work regularly. Could I do more? Absolutely. Nevertheless, I am very pleased that I have re-found my workout mojo. Sure it helps with weight loss, but mostly it helps keep me healthy & sane. It's like finding an old friend you haven't seen in a long time and once you see them, you realize how much you've missed having them in your life.

The last beer I had was 2 weeks ago. I made it through the holiday season without a single cookie passing my lips. I've had the same amount of joy and stress that I would have had with the food & alcohol. I'm sleeping better. I'm feeling better.

Overall I feel like I'm ending the year in a good place.

1 comment:

Vegan Epicurean said...

Congratulations on making it through the holidays without a single cookie. There aren't too many people that can say that. Good for you!

Thanks for the reminder on cardio coach I need to check that out this morning before I forget again.

Ali