What I’m eating this week
For the curious, bored, and to remind myself when I need ideas:
Breakfast:
Is probably going to vary. Today I made my take on a breakfast from Dr. Fuhrman’s “Eat for Health” book. It has 1 c frozen mixed berries (from Costco), 1/4c raw old fashioned oats, 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds, a couple of walnut halves broken up and a splash (around 1 – 1.5 ounces) pomegranate juice for a bit of flavor and liquid. I think it would be fine with water.
When I feel the need for something savory, I’ll have beans & quinoa.
Lunch:
I made a chowder loosely based on Alicia’s. Mine is a pretty basic vegan potato chowder with a few chick peas and butter beans that were left over. It may sound weird, but butter beans are amazing in chowder.
I’m also having a wrap (on a collard leaf) with hummus, sliced cucumber and tomato, sliced olives and banana pepper rings. Awesome!
Snacks:
I’m out of apples so I’ll probably do beans until I get to Costco. Afternoon snack is my old stand-by of peanut butter and prunes. I’m almost out of peanut butter, so I am going to try Alicia’s low fat peanut butter.
Dinner of course varies.
Have a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Butter beans do sound good in the chowder. I bet they added a nice soft texture. I will keep that in mind.
I hope you liked the peanut butter. We live on that stuff here. Initially it was a little "clean" but now it is our new normal and regular peanut butter tastes too fatty.
Love the sound of that collard wrap. I could happily come to your house and eat. Your food day looks sounds many of mine. :-)
Ali
Post a Comment